Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Plant Life

Sorry for the absence! The last two weeks have been quite busy- wrapping up school and gearing up for summer. I promise not to disappear for so long again!
After my latest forray into the world of terrariums, I ended up with a few extra plants that needed homes. So I scoped out a few new places for plants and plant containers. 

First, I zeroed in on my collection of vintage planters. I picked two to pot up, a green and yellow one. 

 

In both I choose to use one succulent and one non-succulent plant. I'm really kinda ashamed that I never thought to actually USE the planters as planters and not just decorative pieces. Duh! I'm totally loving them!

Next up, I grabbed a pot that I scored at a thrifting expedition a few weeks ago. I originally wanted to re-pot a small Christmas Cactus that I had propagated in it- but then it died. Boo! It all worked out okay because then this guy got a new plant AND a new spot on the living room mantle.

 
Here is a shot of my two new plants on the mantle...



I then potted up my new favorite little guy, which I affectionately named "dinosaur toe." I chose a small light yellowish green vintage pyrex dish. I potted up dinosaur toe and a hen and chicken, and lastly added a small plastic storm trooper ring that was a cupcake topper. It's kinda silly, but I like it! It's found a new home on the kitchen window sill.


Lastly, I added one of the terrariums I made in this post, to the scape of the newly moved furniture by the front door.

 I also took the opportunity to rework the set up of the table scape. I added a vintage clock, owl, and a stack of books.  To the right I added a vintage tray as a catch all for keys, sunglasses, etc.


I love the playful feel and punch of color when you enter through the front door. I will say I am a bit concerned about the amount the light the plants will receive here- so I'm going to keep an eye on them. I'll update ya'll soon on their progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment